For those who have never considered home health care before, we encourage you to ask yourself and your family the following questions:
- Are medical, social or mobility issues changing the way you or a loved one live?
- Are you or a loved one isolated and in need of companionship?
- Are you worried about you or a loved one living alone?
- Are you missing work in order to care for a family member or friend?
- Are you or your loved one having trouble caring for yourself or your home due to an injury, physical disabilities, poor health or other challenges?
- Are you or a loved one unsteady and afraid of falling while bathing or walking?
- Are you or a loved one about to leave the hospital and need help with continuing treatments or personal care while recovering?
- Have you or a loved one experienced a work-related injury and need assistance with daily activities at home?
- Are you a family caregiver and need time off from your caregiver responsibilities?
- Has your doctor suggested you seek additional help?
Keep in mind that home care is not just for the elderly.